Saturday, June 11, 2011

San Francisco Shadowland




At the moment, I'm laying out a zine of Holga images I took on a trip to San Francisco back in October. All of the images were first printed in the darkroom, then scanned and now printed out with a laser printer. I'm in the process of culling and sequencing the images, and will produce a low-tech zine with the laser printer. It will be the first publication of my newest venture Studio Centralé Press, which marries my long-standing love of books with my conviction that my photographic work (and that of others) is best viewed as physical objects.

2 comments:

  1. The physical object. Yes. As much as the computer allows me to connect with other artists I would never have met, I do long for the material thing. I recently had some iPhone images printed on rag paper for a show and I didn't want to mail them off, they felt and looked so lovely. I'm looking forward to the zine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this wonderful beginning! I'm looking forward to seeing where this takes you.

    ReplyDelete